10 Amazing Pools to Give You Lasting Summer Vibes
There is nothing better than soaking up the sun and relaxing by a pool, especially in the comfort of a home, whether it’s yours or a friend’s. These private pools featured in Galerie, from Palm Beach to Marrakech, have stunning architectural design and complement their respective residences perfectly. Dive into our selection. It will have you wishing for summer year round.
1. Eugenio Lopez’s pool area features artworks by Mexican artist Abraham Cruzvillegas, who created the sculpture of found materials next to the pool, as well as a Louise Bourgeois spider seen climbing the poolside facade; the chaise longue and table are by designer Glyn Peter Machin.
2. Juan Montoya incorporates water into the design of Margarita Turull and Ricado Zapata’s Dominican Republic escape by curving the infinity pool around the outdoor living area to create an effortless indoor-outdoor space.
3. Architects Silvia Kuhle and Jeffrey Allsbrook of the Los Angeles firm Standard redesigned the Rudin family home with an emphasis on mid-century style. Their serene pool courtyard acts almost as an oasis for their weekend desert retreat.
4. Designer Ryan Jackson of Studio Jackson crafted a contemporary pool area for this Beverly Hills villa that is outfitted with furniture by Gandia Blasco and a John Dickinson side table by Sutherland.
5. Architect William Georgis swims daily in his La Jolla home pool, which features vintage Maurizio Tempestini chairs for Salterini poolside.
6. In Rancho Mirage, California architect Steven Harris and designer Lucien Rees Roberts renovated a 1957 Donald Wexler home that is the very essence of Desert Modernism with its sleek architecture and large pool area.
7. The exotic Marrakech riad of the Bulgari family features a stunning swimming pool within the main courtyard flanked by lanterns and a Pablo Paniagua-designed daybed.
8. Eddie Lee designed this La Jolla residence with a laid-back California style. The table and chairs set up in the pool area are by Gloster.
9. This Bermuda-style residence revamped by Aman & Meeks features elegant landscape designs by Keith Williams of Nievera Williams around the pool area as well as McKinnon and Harris dining chairs, chaise longues, and settees, and John Dickinson side tables by Sutherland.
10. For this Palm Springs retreat crafted by Madderlake Designs, the desert landscape is incorporated into the the home by Marmol Radziner. The pool area features chaises by Sutherland, with Perennials fabric on the cushions, iron-and-travertine side tables by Philip Nimmo from Jean de Merry; Minotti made the sofa and daybed arranged around the fireplace.