9 Dreamy Bedrooms with Incredible Works of Art
A hauntingly beautiful etching by Picasso. A monumental Anselm Kiefer painting. An abstract work by Ellsworth Kelly in the colors of the rainbow. These are just a few examples of the kinds of works of art that have graced the bedrooms featured in Galerie, embodying our “live artfully” ethos. Herein, giving a view into these rarely seen spaces, we’ve rounded up extraordinary works of art that perfectly complement their dreamy settings.
1. In a Palm Beach manor designed by Aman & Meeks, a monumental Anselm Kiefer painting hangs beside a shell sculpture by Katharina Fritsch in the master bedroom; the 1940s gueridon is by René Drouet. John Meeks designed the white-lacquer four-poster and custom-made Pratesi bed linens, which were embroidered by Holland & Sherry; the walls are coated in Venetian plaster in a Benjamin Moore white.
2. The Palm Springs bedroom of Ralph and Rita Rudin is outfitted with a custom-made stamped-leather headboard and parchment-clad nightstands; the lamps are by Nahoor, the bedding is by Frette, and the lithographs are by Tacita Dean.
3. In Eugenio López’s master suite in Mexico City, a painting by Cy Twombly is mounted above the bed, while an Ed Ruscha canvas presides over the far sitting area with a custom-made sofa and armchairs, all covered in a Jim Thompson fabric; the Liaigre love seat at the foot of the bed is in a Loro Piana cashmere, and the carpet is by the Rug Company.
4. In a Los Angeles home decorated by Madeline Stuart, works by Cecily Brown (left) and Ellsworth Kelly offset the neutral palette of the master bedroom; Stuart designed the side tables and the bed, which is clad in a Great Plains linen, while the curtains are of a Lee Jofa linen blend and the custom-made carpet is by J. D. Staron.
5. The guest suite in Eugenio López’s Mexico City home features a Cy Twombly work set against a Loro Piana wool-and-cashmere fabric backdrop; the vintage Rossi di Albizzate lounge chair is covered in a mohair by Raf Simons for Kvadrat.
6. Works on paper by Picasso (top) and Larry Rivers are displayed in a Manhattan master bedroom designed by Steven Gambrel; the silk wall covering is by Holland & Sherry, the curtains are of a Duralee fabric, the custom-made side table is by the Lacquer Company, and the rug was custom made by Mansour Modern.
7. In Andrea Glimcher’s Manhattan home, a Spencer Finch work is displayed above the master bedroom’s Ivano Redaelli bed, which is framed by Art Deco nightstands and Isamu Noguchi Akari light sculptures; the bed linens are by Matouk, and the rug was custom made by Nasiri.
8. In the Beverly Hills master bedroom of Michelle Israel and Robbie Shipp, the custom-made bed is dressed with Frette linens and an Hermès coverlet and throw; the desk is by Ryan Jackson Home, and the lithograph is by Roy Lichtenstein.
9. A Louisiana guest bedroom designed by Lee Ledbetter features Hinson’s iconic palm wallpaper from Donghia and a self-portrait by David Bates.