5 Luxury Watches Perfect for Father’s Day
1. The extraordinary Midnight Planétarium timepiece by Van Cleef & Arpels has a sparkling aventurine dial with a pink-gold sun and a shooting star. An orbiting solar system features the five planets that are visible to the naked eye from Earth—Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn—and each planet moves on its own disk in sync with its actual rotation time; $223,000.
2. This limited-edition Master Ultra Thin Moon Enamel 18K-white-gold wristwatch by Jaeger-LeCoultre boasts an enameled engine turned dial in a subtle sunburst pattern and a discreet moon phase set on a starry background; $35,800.
3. Evocative of a starlit sky, Audemars Piguet’s Perpetual Calendar is an astronomical watch that’s part of the brand’s CODE 11.59 collection, an entirely new family of watches that will rival its iconic Royal Oak line. A dark-blue aventurine dial set in an 18K-pink-gold case indicates the phases of the moon, as well as the date, day, week, and month; $74,500.
4. Vacheron Constantin’s classic Patrimony Manual-Winding timepiece has been updated with a midnight-blue dial encased in 18K rose gold. Simple and refined, it’s the dress watch that befits every occasion; $18,600.
5. Rolex’s Deep Sea D-Blue Dial commemorates director James Cameron’s historic solo dive in 2012 to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, a depth of 35,756 feet. For serious divers, the watch’s steel case is waterproof to nearly 4,000 feet, and its dial blends from blue to black; $12,550.
A version of this article first appeared in print in our 2019 Summer Issue under the headline “Royal Treatment.” Subscribe to the magazine.